Whether you’re looking to break into a new career or advance your current one, you may be contemplating on the idea of getting an MBA or Masters degree. Like any other advanced degree, an MBA or Masters degree could open the door to a world of new opportunities.
Once you have those three letters next to your name updated on your LinkedIn profile (or on your CV), you will discover that many employers may start approaching you with higher-level position offers that put your current compensation to shame.
While the upsides of pursuing a postgraduate degree are relatively clear, you should also be aware that MBAs can be extremely expensive, especially if you decide to pursue your course at a prestigious overseas institute. According to U.S. News & World Report, in 2017, the average cost of tuition among the top 10 business schools in the country was over $130,000 for a two-year MBA program!
While some of you may have the financial resources to finance your own postgraduate studies, others would think twice before digging deep into your savings. Luckily, we discovered a scholarship that you may be interested to explore, the Maxis What’s Next Scholarship!
What is the scholarship all about?
The Maxis What’s Next Scholarship is a programme specially designed for young Malaysian professionals who are interested in pursuing a postgraduate degree or diploma. The great part of the scholarship it is not restrictive and you are allowed to apply for any field of your choice. Additionally, the Maxis scholarship allows you to decide if you want pursue your postgraduate studies online, in a local university, or even overseas!
One of the best part of the Maxis scholarship is that it comes with an opportunity to gain valuable work experience with the Maxis team in areas related to IoT, solution selling, big data, and more.
Here is a short video to will sum up the experience and details of the programme.
Is this scholarship right for me?
Here are some of the reasons why many others have considered to embark on their postgraduate journey with Maxis:
- Unlike some other restrictive scholarships, the Maxis What’s Next Scholarship allows you to pursue your postgraduate degree in ANY field of study
- The scholarship allows you to study anywhere in the world, including top business schools in the US, UK, or Singapore
- The scholarship provides flexibility for candidates to opt to study full- or part-time
- Following your postgraduate degree completion, the programme comes with valuable work opportunities
Are you ready to reach new heights?
If you’re passionate about creating an upper hand for your future through a postgraduate degree or postgraduate diploma, you can find out more about the application process here.
If you are:
- Are a Malaysian who isn’t currently bonded with any organisation
- Have a minimum of 3 years working experience
- Have an offer from a local or foreign university to pursue a postgraduate degree/diploma
- Have a track-record of academic achievements
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy working in fast-paced environments
- Speak and write English very well
- Possess proven leadership qualities
- Are a high-achiever, very motivated and possess a dynamic personality
Congratulations! You’ve passed the eligibility criteria to be part of this prestigious Maxis scholarship programme. All you need to do now is follow this link to fill in your application.
Note: The deadline for this application is 31st October 2018.
Feature Image Credit: Maxis